Thanks to the pandemic many businesses are finding they need to have an office redesign to keep employees safe. Office redesign may be an intimidating project, but it is a great way to beat improve employee engagement and productivity in the workplace. A change in your office interior design needs to be carefully planned and be in accordance with your budget and space needs. Sometimes, the best thing to do is to seek expert advice. Nowadays, with the help of interior designers and online Interior products sourcing platforms, you can optimally redesign your office space within your budget.
Of course, one of the main questions you will ask yourself is, “Is this the right time for an office redesign?” Sometimes an office redesign project can feel like a massive investment of time and money with little return. But if the time is right, your office redesign may be the best decision you make.
Here are five signals that help you know the right time to of an office redesign:
- Improve Productivity Levels – Your office design could be a reason for the lower productivity levels of your workforce. Especially if employees are having to work from home due to the pandemic. Look for ways in which your office layout hinders your employees from working safely and efficiently. Find a modern office design that improves productivity levels in your workplace.
- Unused Office Spaces – Take a look around and think about the underutilized spaces in your office. It’s time to re-purpose those areas of your office to optimally utilize the complete area. Restructuring your office space can help you get more out of the same space at a small cost.
- Reflecting Your Brand Image – Your office interior design is an important part of your brand image. Designing your office using the same colors and themes as your brand gives people the right idea about your company. But when there is a mismatch; it might be time to redesign your office space.
- It Looks the Same as Before You Moved In – Think about it, what changes have you made since you moved into your current office? There have been a lot of changes in workplace design to improve productivity over the past few years. Consider redesigning your workspace according to modern office design ideas that fulfill your needs and reflect your brand personality.
- Evolving Business Needs – As your business grows, your needs from your office space also change. As your company grows – you may need to create space for more people or equipment.
Similarly, office designs after the pandemic will need to accommodate lesser people. Choose a modern design that can easily be changed to accommodate more or fewer people as required. Workstations should be easily moveable to change the layout.
Things to consider while redesigning your office space:
- Finalize Your New Office Design – Before you begin restructuring your office space, you should finalize the new design. Work with an excellent online interior design agency to get a professional consultation and be clear about the new layout before you begin.
- Keep a Checklist of All the Materials/Objects You Need for the Redesign – Make sure to have a list of the materials, equipment, furniture, and products that you need to complete the renovation. Find out where you can source these things from at the best price. You can search for the local or online sourcing agents who can help you with your product sourcing needs.
- Procurement Company – Hire a good procurement company to source the required materials and objects for your new office design.
The decision to redesign your office may be tough, but the new design must fulfill your needs, motivate your employees, and not add unnecessary costs. Office redesign requires careful planning so that your employees can continue working with ease even during the transitionary period. And finally, always seek professional help wherever needed. This will help you create the office design you want without overstepping your budget.
If you decide that you would rather move than redesign, contact us. We can help!