There is no doubt that renting office space is an extremely important business decision. This will often be your clients’ very first impression of you and your company. It is also where your employees spend the majority of their time working. You want to make sure there are no problems. That is what the best kept secret to renting office space is all about.
What is the best kept secret to renting office space?
The best kept secret to renting office space is to make sure you rent one that utilizes a property management company.
Managing an office building requires considerable time and knowledge, two things many landlords may have in short supply. For instance, renting out space involves going over tenant applications, screening them, researching companies, collecting deposits, taking care of maintenance and ensuring rent is paid on time. Why would this be your concern as a tenant? Making sure your neighbors pay on time, have good credit and keep their surroundings tidy ensures the consistency and security of your own office space. Not to mention, your clients and business associates will likely judge you on the general impression and façade of your office building.
Peace of Mind
No matter where your landlord is in the world, you can rest assured that you will be taken care of if they have hired a property management company. This means you won’t have to to worry about calls not being returned for days, and you get peace of mind that someone is there to take of whatever may go wrong.
The little things include cleaning the carpet, painting the walls and conducting small repairs before a business moves in, allowing it to start its tenancy with you on the right foot. Big things tend to include a general aura of professionalism, for example, with prompt response rates that make you as a tenant happy.
Ongoing maintenance helps keep your office space in tiptop shape.
Of course, not all property management companies offer the same standard of service. It’s important to go over the list of services a company provides and check their reviews from the other tenants.
Many Benefits, Some You May Not Have Unexpected
In a nutshell, renting an office space run by a property management company provides security in the following areas:
- Legal issues – this in your best as well as the owner of the building. It’s always good to have documents clearly stating whose responsibility certain matters are and the time frame in which they need to be taken care of.
- Administrative details – Need leasing paperwork for your taxes or to change your payment method? Now you have options in a timely manner.
- Maintenance – need I say more? The property management company is obligated to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Marketing – Make sure your building is occupied and you are in a bustling center of commerce.
- Tenant screenings and tenant evictions – Your neighbors are held to a high standard that reflects on your reputation as a successful business owner.
The above features and much more enable you to direct your energy into your business, making more money and enjoying your me time away from work not wondering when the landlord will fix damage to the entry way of your office; keeping your office in pristine condition and likely end up saving you money and stress in the long run.
Guest Post by: Patrick Rogers is the Principal Property Manager for Asurent Property Management in Eugene Oregon.