It is not easy to find the right office space for lease for your business. For this reason, you need to take a tour before you settle on the right one and sign the paperwork. It is very important that you look at several potential office spaces so you can pick the perfect office space for your business!
Here are some more tips to help you when you are touring through the different spaces.
- Take your time. Take your time when you are touring a space. Take pictures. You are looking for an office space where you will be spending a lot of time. It is a big decision and you shouldn’t make it lightly.
- Check the elevators and the parking. Does everything look up to standard? Are the elevators clean enough? Is there enough parking for all of your customers and clients?
- How is security? Do you have to worry about security? Are there keycards or cameras? You might want to check the crime stats for the area.
- Ask about getting signage. Are you getting a sign outside? How about the lobby reader-board? Is it included or is there an extra fee?
- Be sure to ask about heating and air conditioning. What is the cost? What happens if something goes wrong? What hours are they available? What is the cost for after hours use. How far in advance do you need to request after hours use? Does it cost extra if something breaks after hours?
You should always take your time when you tour potential office spaces. It is a major decision. You should look at the bathrooms and elevators. Make sure that there is enough parking. You should ask about security and the heating and air conditioning. All of these things may help influence your decision! It is not all about the cost of the space.
While it is a significant expense, you need to make sure the the office space you lease or buy is someplace that you and your employees can be productive. Generally, leases are a 3 to 5 year commitment. Going cheap on office space can be a short term gain, but end up costing you a lot in the long run. Make sure you know what you are getting into. A good tenant rep can help ensure you make the best decision. After all, it is what they do everyday.
Contact us to help you find the perfect office space for your business with one of our local tenant reps.