To us, the benefits of medical office space design are obvious. But then they should be; it’s our business. So we’ll take a moment or two to explain just how this product can benefit you.
One might be forgiven for thinking that medical office space design consists merely of aesthetics tangential to the success of a practice. Nothing could be further from the truth. Patient satisfaction can be enhanced when some thought is put into the design of the office space. These are just some of the factors to take into consideration.
- A good waiting room should make the patients feel especially comforted, as in a hotel lobby.
- The size of the room should be determined by the number of patients you expect and how long they will be kept waiting. Patient flow is important.
- The furniture should be accommodating to your particular clientele. In America, people don’t like to share, so couches will take up valuable space. Armless chairs should be available for the pregnant and disabled.
- Choose decor carefully. Colors should be natural and cheerful while accoutrements such as carpeting and drapes should absorb sound.
- Lighting can also be used to your advantage. It should be diffuse yet bright enough to facilitate reading.
- The exam room should have the optimum amount of privacy. Thus the door should swing inward. It should also have separate dressing area to protect the modesty of the patients.
- The exam table should be adjustable for practicality and patient comfort. It should be placed on the diagonal so as to offer access to both sides of the patient.
See the article on Efficient Office Design for a Successful Practice for more on this topic.
Please contact us to talk more about design, or anything else medical office related.