If your company needs office space but isn’t big enough to justify getting its own long term space yet, coworking office space offers you a viable alternative. They are particularly popular with entrepreneurs and smaller, newer businesses. Companies in a coworking space work together in communal spaces, sometimes having dedicated, assigned areas, and other times grabbing spots at communal tables on a first come, first serve basis. Here are some pros and cons to coworking:
Coworking Office Space Pros:
- Reduced costs. Renting a desk or spot at a table is much less expensive than getting your own office – particularly important in the early stage of a business when capital is more limited.
- Amenities. Coworking office space generally aim to make themselves fun and appealing to businesses, and the amenities they offer are impressive. Most serve complimentary coffee and tea, and some even offer free beer. Many have after-hours classes and support services. Most also have features such as private meeting rooms, common rooms or rooftop decks, equipped with TVs, video games, and even Foosball tables.
- Energizing social environment. You’ll be surrounded by like-minded companies, reducing the chances of the isolation a small team can feel. Along with making new friends, being in a social setting will energize and stimulate your creativity, making it easier to improve performance by generating ideas and make progress with your company objectives.
- Flexibility. The terms for Coworking office space don’t require a long term commitment. As you business needs change, you can easily add or subtract space.
Coworking Office Space Cons:
- Lack of privacy. Being with others is great, but sometimes it can be difficult to deal with the noise volume and energy common in these environments. That is why the private collaboration areas available in most coworking office space is so important. Make sure your team makes use of them periodically to combat this.
- Concerns with trust. When working with so many companies in one space, there’s always the risk your next great idea will get stolen. Check with the coworking space to see if they have a policy about confidentiality.
We help companies find coworking spaces that fit with their businesses’ unique needs. Contact us to determine if coworking is right for your company, and to find the best space for you.
On our Local Seattle Page we have several 360° interactive panoramic virtual tours of cowork office space. It gives you an opportunity the visit them 24/7 form wherever you are instead of having to spend the time visiting ones that don’t fir your style. Here is one we recently completed of the WeWork coworking office space in Seattle at South Lake Union.
Click Here to view in full screen (recommended)