Exceptional office design isn’t something most entrepreneurs think a lot about. After all, you are busy running your business and just want a place to get it done. Things such as marketing, customer relations, and expansion can make office space design seem unimportant, but it is very important in meeting the full potential of your business.
Every business should consider updating their office space design to increase employee engagement and productivity. The more engaged your employees are, the more productive they become and the faster they will complete work. When you save time you’ll make more money. Not only that, but engaged employees can be a significant asset in growing your business with suggestions on improving processes or even new product suggestions.
Unfortunately, most employees aren’t engaged in their work and not as productive as they should be. According to Gallup’s State of the American Workplace report:
70% of American employees are NOT engaged in their work.
Obviously, this is due to various reasons that go beyond the span of this post, but among the biggest reasons for decreased productivity is that your office space is not conducive to exceptional work.
Take a look around your office. If it is like most offices, it is probably dreary, boring, and closed off. This greatly stifles employee’s productivity. A simple design change can make your office seem much more uplifting and accessible.
Numerous scientific studies have shown that environment has a large impact on productivity. Even small design changes can make a big difference.
Many companies are starting to discover how much their employees productivity increases when they make some simple design changes such as:
- Improve natural lighting to relieve eye strain and help keep employees with a bright attitude.
- Open up the office layout. Take down the walls to encourage more free flow of information among employees.
- Create break-out spaces employees can use to gather as a casual meeting or lounge area where they can discuss and share ideas.
- Quality furniture makes a big difference. Especially when it comes to chairs, desks and monitors. Lower back pain and general discomfort are not conducive to happy and engaged employees.
- Use interior design to “Brand” your office. Make it look like the culture you want and make your employees proud to be a member of your community.
In addition, these benefits increase exponentially over time. Since you only need to design your office once, you can quickly get it off your plate and focus on other things.
Getting an exceptional office space design should be one of your number one priorities. It may seem like a small thing, but you will definitely notice the difference in your employee’s engagement and productivity. You will wonder why you didn’t optimize your office sooner.
If you are interested in getting an exceptional office by finding a great new office contact us today.
OfficeFinder Office Tenant Rep Directory