Regardless of the size, age, or nature of your business, effective marketing is a must. The competition for businesses of all types is fierce, and your company needs to be able to set itself apart from others in the field. Without a solid marketing strategy, you cannot hope to reach your goals.
Marketing is continuously evolving, and your strategies need to evolve too in order to keep up with the changes. Below is a discussion of some of the primary marketing strategies your company should be leaning into in 2022.
#1 Double Down on TikTok
At first glance, TikTok may not seem like much of a marketing tool. However, this platform has grown to the point that businesses can no longer afford to ignore it. It reaches a continuously growing audience and is one of the most engaging social media platforms in operation. In addition, other businesses have already seen considerable success when using TikTok for marketing.
Reaching people through this platform is easier than any other that is currently in use. Make sure to look here for more details on how this, and other approaches can be used to your advantage. Make sure to learn how to create the best TikTok account that will help to spread the word about your company and create a real buzz.
If your business is new to TikTok, the tips below will help you leverage this platform to your advantage.
- Choose the right segment of the market. – TikTok is largely composed of niches dedicated to different kinds of content. If your company chooses the right niche, you will be communicating directly to the audience of people who are most likely to be receptive to your brand. This means better conversion rates and a higher return on investment.
- Make use of TikTok influencers. – One of the easiest ways to reach a large audience on TikTok with minimal effort is by partnering with a TikTok influencer. TikTok influencers are individuals who have already garnered a significant following of people on the platform. When these influencers share information about your brand, their followers are more likely to become interested. Tailor Brands does an excellent job of promoting their logo maker product on TikTok using this strategy.
- Post frequently. – TikTok is known for its short, easily digestible videos. Because of the nature of the content, frequent posts are highly recommended. For the best results, you should be posting to the platform at least once each day.
- Stay on top of trends. – Another TikTok trademark is the presence of ever-changing trends. When a new trend pops up, it is important to take advantage of the opportunity to connect with your audience as quickly as possible before the trend has passed.
Tailor Brands does an excellent job of using TikTok as a promotional tool for their logo design product. By launching educational videos that explain the benefits of using this tool, Tailor Brands is able to draw in clients and increase awareness of their products and services.
#2 Make Customer Care a Priority.
The competition in all industries is fierce, and many brands are carrying similar products. In order to get ahead of the competitors, you need to stand out. One of the most effective strategies you can use to stand out involves providing superior customer care that outpaces the service offered by other brands.
To provide superior customer care to your clients, follow these tips:
- Be responsive. – In a world where people are used to instant gratification, waiting days for a company to return a call or email can seem unforgivable. One of the best things you can do to retain customers is to be responsive when they reach out with questions or concerns. Immediate responses will make your customers feel valued and secure with your brand. You can also use a business SMS service to reach out with new offers and discounts.
- Be reliable. – When you make promises or guarantees to clients, make sure you are able to stand behind them. Letting customers down will lead to business loss, but keeping your promises will foster a strong sense of loyalty and trust in your brand.
- Know your products and services. – The individuals who are communicating directly with customers should have an in-depth understanding of the products and services your company offers. When customers have questions or concerns, these individuals should be well-equipped to address them appropriately.
- Be positive. – Be positive and encouraging whenever interacting with customers. This can be especially challenging online, where facial expressions and tone of voice are absent. Make up for this deficit by using emojis and humor. You can also encourage phone calls when appropriate.
#3 Take Advantage of Instagram Reels.
When it was first launched, Instagram primarily focused on still images. However, Instagram recently released the “Instagram Reels” feature, which allows users to create short-form videos that can be a maximum of 60 seconds long. These reels can include a slideshow of images and video clips.
The introduction of this feature has been highly successful. If your business is not already using Instagram Reels to connect with consumers, it is time to start. Below are some tips to help you make the most out of this opportunity.
- Pay attention to other brands’ reels. – One of the easiest ways to understand how Instagram Reels work is to spend some time reviewing the content posted by other brands. Make note of the content’s focus and the kinds of media used. Model your own reels after the brands that are gaining the most traction.
- Use filters and effects. – Instagram offers plenty of tools you can use to make your reels more engaging for consumers. With AR effects and filters, you can add intrigue to your reels that will keep consumers coming back for more. Be sure to use different filters and effects each time you post to keep things interesting.
- Add audio to your reels. – Adding audio to your Instagram reels is a good way to engage viewers and keep their attention longer.
- Educate your audience. – Instagram Reels are about more than just entertainment. In fact, you can use this feature as a tool to educate your audience about important topics related to your brand or its products.
MailChimp the email platform uses Instagram reels to educate audience members about various topics that are relevant to their needs. For example, the video referenced above provides tips for ecommerce businesses that want to save time and improve efficiency.
#4 Don’t Be Camera Shy.
With the large majority of consumers using YouTube for both education and entertainment, this platform is one of the most effective marketing channels currently available. Regardless of your industry, your business can use YouTube to spread awareness of your products and services, provide educational materials, and simply engage with your target audience.
To gain the most possible benefit from YouTube, follow the tips below.
- Learn about your audience. – Every business will have its own unique audience. Understanding the members of your audience and the content they prefer will help you create the best videos for YouTube. Spend some time researching your target audience so you can put your best foot forward.
- Optimize your videos for search results. – Just like most other platforms, YouTube offers a search function to allow users to find the content they want to view. Make the most of this search function by using SEO strategies to optimize your videos for search. The more effective your SEO strategy, the more consumers you will reach.
- Schedule your video uploads. – Successful brands using YouTube typically release their videos to viewers on a regular schedule. For example, you may decide to post your videos monthly, weekly, or even daily. Choose a schedule that works for your brand and stick with it.
- Make changes as needed. – When using YouTube for marketing, it is important to continuously adapt to the changing environment. Analyze the success of the videos you post and pay attention to what works and what doesn’t. Make changes to future videos as needed in order to optimize your channel.
Goldman Sachs provides banking services and uses YouTube to engage with clients and provide educational services that enhance the value of their clients’ relationships with the brand. These videos are optimized to appear in search results for specific high-traffic terms, such as “business tips.”
Just like every other aspect of the business world, marketing strategies need to evolve over time. The four marketing strategies above are some of the most powerful tools available to brands in 2022. By incorporating these strategies into your brand’s plan of action, you can encourage greater growth and success for your business.