A happy workforce is a productive one. However, is it possible for the company’s management team to affect the overall happiness of its employees? Experts believe that there is a distinct correlation, which you might be able to benefit from with five specific workplace strategies to improve job performance.
The 5 workplace strategies to improve job performance
- Empower employees to shape their environment. When American Express took a closer look at the concept of the open office, its experts discovered that employee happiness is directly tied to the empowerment of influencing the work environment. An open office concept is an excellent starting point.
- Provide collaborative work spaces. Set aside a work space that specifically caters to employees who want to collaborate during a project. Since this is not going to take up the entire eight hours they spend at your office, it should be a location that is sufficiently far away from quieter work spaces.
- Embrace individuality. It is impossible to create one strategy that then applies to each and every individual. While it is doable to achieve this goal with fewer employees, companies with a larger workforce will not succeed in this manner. Enable face-to-face interactions that extroverts prefer while allowing introverts to focus intently with the availability of noise-canceling headphones and quieter work spaces.
- Invest in technology. Wireless technology is a key element in making the shift toward a happier, and therefore better performing, group of employees. As long as workers remain tethered to their desks with old-fashioned PCs and phones, the ability to shape the environment is severely limited.
- Furniture placement encourages workplace engagement. Arguing that employees “want to work how they live,” the Business News Daily suggests using modular furniture that employees may set up in ways that suit them best for personal office spaces.
If you do not have the right office space to put these workplace strategies into practice, contact us for assistance. We can help you find the right space that may very well enhance your employees’ job performance.